Persian cats are famous for their Royalness. They are relaxed, quiet, and genuinely lovable. Unlike other cats, they don’t usually hiss or scratch that often. Their innocent eyes can meltdown people. So what’s the price of a Persian cat in India?
The average price of a Persian kitten in India ranges from ₹10,000 to ₹18,000, whereas an adult Persian Cat can cost you around ₹25,000. The price depends on a few factors like location, breed type, and its lineage.
Further, in this article, we will look into factors that affect the cost, Persian cat’s prices in different cities of India, and Monthly expenses to raise it.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Persian Cats
As I mentioned, few factors can drastically change the price of a Persian Cat in India. Let’s have a look at all of them:
There are two types of Persian cats, Peke-face and Doll-face. Peke faced Persian cats have comparatively small ears and big eyes, whereas Doll-faced Persian cats have a round face and normal ears.
Persian cats with peke-face are rare and hence more expensive. In India, the cost of a Peke-Faced Persian cat can go as high as ₹30,000. In India, most petshops and breeders sell doll-faced Persian cats.
The cost of Persian Cat depends on their lineage too. Breeders and cat sellers usually sell Persian Cats based on three types of lineages: Show-quality, Pedigreed, and uncertified.
- Show-quality Persian kittens have a superior lineage. If both or single parent of the kitten has been trained and participated in Cat-shows, then the kitten becomes show-quality. Show-quality Persian Kittens have great traits, better immunity, and over-all genetics passed on by their parents. These kittens are extremely costly. In India, a Show Quality Persian cat can cost as high as ₹50,000.
- Pedigreed Persian Cats are cats whos entire ancestry only consists of pure Persian cats. All show-quality cats are pedigreed cats, but not all pedigreed cats are show quality. An Average cost of Pedigreed Persian cats in India ranges between ₹20,000 to ₹25,000.
- Uncertified Cats don’t have any registered history of their ancestors. They could either be 100% pure-bred or may have crossbred ancestors. In India, most pet shops and cat breeders sell uncertified Persian cats.
The cost of cats differs in every part of India. In the below section, we have listed the average price of Persian Cat in different cities of India.
The price depends on where you buy it from. These three main market places to get a Persian Cat in India:
- Kitten Mills are places where cats are kept in cages for their entire lives and used just for breeding. In Kitten mills, cats live in awful situations. There is no hygiene, no medical care, and they are fed low-quality food. You can get a Persian Cat from a kitten mill for as cheap as ₹5,000. We highly discourage supporting such places by purchasing pets from them.
- Local pet shops don’t really breed cats, and they usually get it from kitten mills. You can get a Persian kitten from a pet shop for near about ₹10,000 to ₹15,000.
- Breeders are people who breed their own cats. Always get any pet from a professional breeder. In this way, you get assured that you are getting a healthy and pure Persian cat. Professional breeders can charge any were between ₹12,000 to ₹25,000 depending on the kitten and its lineage.
Cost of Persian Cat in different cities
As we discussed, the price of a cat varies from place to place. For this article, I called around 150 breeders of different places in India and asked them the price of a Persian Cat. This is what I found:
In Mumbai, you can get a pure-bred Persian Cat for around ₹8,000 to ₹15,000. The cost of a show-quality kitten ranges between ₹30,000 to ₹50,000.
On average, a Persian Cat in Delhi costs around ₹7,000 to ₹10,000 in petstores. If you buy it from a professional breeder, it will cost you around ₹15,000.
A pure-bred Persian Cat in Bangalore costs round ₹12,000 to ₹18,000. This also includes the cost of initial vaccination and deworming.
In Chennai, the cost of a Persian Cat ranges between ₹10,000 to ₹12,000. You will have to pay an additional ₹2,000 for registration.
|City||Average Cost of a Beagle Puppy|
|Kolkata||₹6,000 – ₹8,000|
|Hyderabad||₹9,000 – ₹10,000|
|Ahmedabad||₹6,000 – ₹8,000|
|Pune||₹10,000 – ₹12,000|
|Surat||₹7,500 – ₹10,000|
|Jaipur||₹6,000 – ₹9,000|
|Visakhapatnam||₹8,000 – ₹10,000|
|Kanpur||₹6,000 – ₹8,000|
|Nagpur||₹8,000 – ₹10,000|
|Lucknow||₹10,000 – ₹15,000|
|Thane||₹8,000 – ₹12,000|
|Bhopal||₹5,000 – ₹8,000|
Monthly Expenses of Persian Cat
Before selecting the breed of a cat, it is necessary to be aware of its monthly expenses. So let’s have a look at the monthly expenses of raising a Persian cat in India.
Cost of Feeding a Persian Cat
On average, the food of Persian cat in India will cost around ₹1,500 to ₹2,000 per month. This cost highly depends on the quality of food you decide to feed.
Average quality cat food will cost you around ₹1,500 per month. Whereas, meat-based high-quality cat food costs round ₹2,000 to ₹3,000 every month.
There are low-quality cat foods in the market, which can cut down your monthly cost to just ₹800 to ₹1,000. But trust me, they are not worth it. They have unhealthy preventative and fillers, not good for a cat.
Grooming Cost of Persian Cat
A full grooming session of a Persian Cat done by a professional groomer in India will cost you about ₹2,000 to ₹2,500. However, if you get all the grooming accessories and groom the cat at home, it will cost you no more than ₹500 per month.
Grooming is essential for preventing numerous health complications in your Persian cat. But going to a groomer every month can get very costly. That’s why most cat parents buy all the grooming accessories and groom their cat at home. It cuts down the cost as well as gives you a chance to bond with your pet.
Vet and Vaccination Cost
You will have to take your Persian Cat to vet for regular checkups and vaccinations. Apart from that, there will be occasional illnesses for which you will have to buy medicines. On average, vet fees, cost of medicines, and vaccinations will cost you around ₹5,000 per year.
Cost of Neutering/spaying
If you do not wish to breed your Persian cat, then it is advised to neuter/spay it. This one-time surgery will cost you around ₹5,000 to ₹8,000.
Cost of other Accessories
Other are other optional accessories that you may or may not buy.
- Bed: ₹1,500 to ₹3,000
- Toys: ₹500
- Cat Collar: ₹300
- Food Bowl: ₹300 to ₹500
Persian cats are adorable, quiet, and easy-going. They adapt well to all kinds of lifestyles. This breed does not have long legs, and so they won’t clump and jump on your furniture. I think Persian cats are a perfect addition to Indian Families.